I am an active day trader spending the majority of my time analyzing earnings reports and watching commodities and derivatives. I have a Masters Degree in Economics from Westminster University with previous roles counting Investment Banking.
Address: 1611 Hiddenview Drive, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462, USA
Phone: (+1) 215-962-8358
Latest posts by Sandra Davis (see all)
- Hot Stock Alert: Atento S.A. (NYSE: ATTO) - September 13, 2019
- Stock on the Run: Performance Shipping Inc. (NASDAQ: DCIX) - August 18, 2019
- Today’s Hot Stock Under Review: Citi Trends Inc. (NASDAQ: CTRN) - August 17, 2019
BOSTON, August 15, 2019 – Shares of CRA International Inc. (NASDAQ: CRAI) declined -2.43% to $41.34. The stock traded total volume of 43.780K shares lower than the average volume of 60.79K shares.
CRA International Inc. (CRAI) reported first-quarter earnings of $4.71M. The Boston-based company said it had profit of $0.56 per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains, were 54 cents per share.
Key First-Quarter Fiscal 2019 Highlights:
- Revenue grew 6.4% year over year to $105.80M. On a constant currency basis relative to the first quarter of fiscal 2018 (“constant currency basis”), revenue would have been higher by $1.50M, resulting in year-over-year revenue growth of 7.9%. Utilization was 75%, as quarter-end headcount increased by 40, or 6.2%, year over year.
- Net income was $4.70M, or 4.4% of revenue contrast with $4.90M, or 4.9% of revenue, in the first quarter of fiscal 2018; non-GAAP net income was $4.50M, or 4.3% of revenue, contrast with $5.30M, or 5.3% of revenue, in the first quarter of fiscal 2018. On a constant currency basis, GAAP and non-GAAP net income would have been lower by $0.10M. Earnings per diluted share were $0.56, contrast with $0.57 in the first quarter of fiscal 2018; non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.54, contrast with $0.61 in the first quarter of fiscal 2018. On a constant currency basis, GAAP and non-GAAP earnings per diluted share would have been lower by $0.01 per diluted share.
- Non-GAAP EBITDA was $8.50M, or 8.0% of revenue, contrast with $8.60M, or 8.7% of revenue, in the first quarter of fiscal 2018. On a constant currency basis, non-GAAP EBITDA would have been lower by $0.10M.
- Net income, earnings per diluted share, and non-GAAP EBITDA for the current period reflect a foreign currency loss of about $750.0K related to the revaluation and realized gains and losses on working capital balances.
- CRA returned $6.00M of capital to its shareholders, consisting of $1.70M of dividend payments and $4.30M for share repurchases of about 87.0K shares.
CRAI has the market capitalization of $327.83M and its EPS growth ratio for the past five years was 18.80%. The return on assets ratio of the Company was 5.00% while its return on investment ratio stands at 11.70%. Price to sales ratio was 0.76 while 86.40% of the stock was owned by institutional investors.