I have been an independent financial adviser for over 11 years in the city and in recent years turned my experience in finance and passion for journalism into a full time role. I perform analysis of Companies and publicize valuable information for shareholder community.
Address: 454 Cottrill Lane, Saint Louis, MO 63108, USA
Phone: (+1) 314-388-9712
Latest posts by Dorothy Owen (see all)
- Comparison: Fitbit Versa vs Apple Watch – For Health care - September 3, 2019
- Watch your heart rate while you swim – new invention in augmented reality World - September 3, 2019
- Hot Stock That Must Be in Your Portfolio: Apellis Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: APLS) - August 21, 2019
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., August 10, 2019 – Shares of Catalyst Biosciences Inc. (NASDAQ: CBIO) plunged -1.03% to $7.67. The stock grabbed the investor’s attention and traded 85.364K shares as compared to its average daily volume of 211.11K shares. The stock’s institutional ownership stands at 82.90%.
Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (CBIO) reported net loss attributable to common stockholders for the three months ended March 31, 2019 of $15.10M, or ($1.26) per basic and diluted share, contrast with $5.00M, or ($0.56) per basic and diluted share for the prior year period.
First Quarter 2019 Results and Financial Highlights
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments as of March 31, 2019 were $105.30M.
- Research and development expense for the three months ended March 31, 2019 was $12.00M, contrast with $3.80M for the prior year period. The increase was due mainly to investments in the clinical and manufacturing development for the MarzAA and DalcA clinical programs.
- General and administrative expense for the three months ended March 31, 2019 was $3.70M, contrast with $2.90M for the prior year period. The increase was due mainly to increases in personnel and professional service costs.
- Interest and other income for the three months ended March 31, 2019 was $0.60M, contrast with $1.60M for the prior year period. The decrease was due mainly to receiving a non-recurring milestone payment of $1.40M in 2018, which was partially offset by higher interest income in 2019.
- As of March 31, 2019, the Company had 11.974M shares of common stock outstanding.
CBIO has a market value of $98.87M while its EPS was booked as $-3.36 in the last 12 months. The stock has 12.20M shares outstanding. Beta value of the company was 1.88; beta is used to measure riskiness of the security. Analyst recommendation for this stock stands at 2.00.